Applications are open to East-African led organisations operating within East Africa who are seeking between £1,000 and £5,000 funding for work that does one or more of the following:
- Delivers holistic, community-led action to tackle period inequality
- Supports grassroots advocacy and influencing related to period inequality
- Supports people affected by period inequality to play an active role in creating positive change
Additionally, all successful proposals must include an element that contributes to producing sharable learning with members of the Period Equality Network, with successful applicants expected to actively contribute to the Period Equality Network’s community and mission. Funds must be spent within 12 months of receipt.
- Be based and operating in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, or Uganda
- Be registered in your country of operation as a non-profit organisation, NGO, or CBO
- Have an annual income of £50,000 or less in your most recent annual accounts or projected income of £50,000 or less for this year if less than 1 year old
- Have an operating memorandum of understanding in the region/district where the project will be delivered or equivalent for the jurisdiction you are operating in
- Have a registered bank account with at least 2 unrelated signatories
- Have annual audited accounts or a set of management accounts if less than 1 year old or not required legally to produce audited accounts
- Have or be able to put in place safeguarding, financial management, and anti fraud, bribery, and corruption policies
- Have 3 unrelated board members
How to Apply
Applications for the 2023 grant round have now closed. Thank you to all who have applied, we will be in touch soon.
It is still possible to review the application paperwork below
Call for Applications
Frequently Asked Question
Funder Assessment Framework
Offline application form.