Read our 2022 Annual Report
Our Annual Report for 2022 is now available to read here. The annual report from our sister organisation, Irise Institute East Africa, is also available for the same period.
Irise is a driving force for Period Equality locally, nationally and globally. In 2022 we:
• Catalysed youth-led action for Period Equality across the UK.
• Equipped a grassroots network of 100+ grassroots groups across East Africa.
• Shaped the global agenda on this issue in line with our community’s priorities.
Some of our favourite moments include…
- Introducing Modibodi period pants across our UK work- a very inclusive option for people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ young people and those who prefer or can’t use products that you need to insert.
- Publishing our “Power Together” report with our sister organisation, Irise Institute East Africa about Irise’s Period Equality Network has catalysed collective action for Period Equality across East Africa.
- The first ever Empower Period Award, recognising 11 year old Period Poet, Hope Wambui in Kenya and 16 year old Co-founder of the Love Your Period Campaign, Tilly Fenton, in Wales among others.
Thank you to everyone who powered change with us in 2022.