Launching the Empower Period Awards 2022
This Menstrual Health Day, Irise International is excited to launch the Empower Period Awards 2022.
The Awards will celebrate young feminist leaders in the UK and East Africa fighting for period justice.
How to get involved:
- You can nominate an individual or group you know who are fighting for period justice in their community, country or career.
- Individuals or the majority of group members must be under the age of 25 and their work must be based in the UK or East Africa.
- You’ll need to complete a short form telling us what your nominee is doing to make period equality a reality.
- Submissions need to be made in English but don’t worry about correct spelling or grammar
- The deadline for nominations is 12pm GMT/2am EAT on Sunday 15th May.
- 2 individuals or groups will receive £500 to spend on their initiative or their own leadership development
- The award decisions will be made by a panel of people passionate about supporting young feminist leaders to change the status quo.
- We will feature the work of nominees across our social media channels on Menstrual Health Day.
- All nominees and the award winners are invited to a virtual event to celebrate Menstrual Health Day on Friday 27th May