There are loads of exciting ways to get involved...
Undertake a sponsored challenge to show that women and girls can do anything...
Friends of Irise are climbing to the highest point in the Peak District dressed as inspiring female role models to raise awareness about the challenges women and girls around the world face whilst raising funds to enable marginalised women and girls to realise their full potential.
Date: Saturday 24th March 2018
Meeting point: The Women of Steel, Sheffield City Hall
Travel: travel to and from Edale will be organised by Irise International
Social: From 7.30pm at The University Arms, 197 Brook Hill, Sheffield
Email email@example.com to find out more or sign-up here.
If you can't get to Sheffield you can organise your own physical challenge with family or friends. Click here to create your fundraising page and download more detailed instructions about how to get started here. There are more ideas about possible challenges in our #idefineme handbook.
Poverty of Choice Challenge
Some of our Agents of Change are taking on the 'Poverty of Choice' challenge, where you live on £1 a day for a week to highlight how poverty impacts a woman and a girl and the choices she is able to make. Get your friends and family to sponsor you to complete this challenge. To find out more about this challenge download our handbook where you can find instructions on how to set up your fundraising page.
Organise a fun event to help our team support more girls...
The #idefineme Handbook has everything you need to organise a Femtastic Quiz or Girly Night in aid of Irise International.
Attend an event...
We're involved in lots of exciting events over the next month. Check out details below.
Tuesday 6th March - Sheffield Feminist Network, International Women's Day Celebration
- Irise Director Emily is a guest speaker at the Sheffield Feminist Network, International Women's Day Event
- 7.15 - 9pm
- Sheffield Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James' St, Sheffield S1 2EW
- Tickets are £2 or free with concessions
Wednesday 7th March - A Human Issue. Period. Pad Making Workshop
- Friends of Irise Leeds are hosting a pad making workshop with guest speaker Irise Director, Emily who will be talking about how menstruation is a neglected barrier to girls and how you can get involved to tackle this issue.
- The University of Leeds, 1.15 Baines Wing
- The workshop is free to attend click here for more information.
Tuesday 13th March - Interactive Workshop: Get involved with Friends of Irise Birmingham and Irise International
- Friends of Irise Birmingham are hosting this interactive workshop where you will learn about the issues facing women and girls, how Irise tackles these issues, inspiring stories from the women and girls Irise supports and how you can get involved and support marginalised women and girls.
- The University of Birmingham, The Guild, 'Roomy McRoom Face'
- The workshop is free to attend
Download useful things here: